To Breakfast - Breakfast Cookies
recipe inspired by: GOOP
recipe type: to breakfast, to cookie, to snack
cuisine: plantbased, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free
makes: 12 bars
What you need:
3 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats, divided
1 cup raw walnuts
⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
⅓ cup whole raw almonds
⅓ cup shredded coconut
⅓ cup flax seeds
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine 2 cups of the gluten-free oats and the walnuts in the bowl of a food processor and blend until just smooth (you’re looking for the consistency of flour).
3. Transfer the walnut/oat mixture to a large bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients, mixing well with your hands.
4. Line a quarter sheet tray (9-inch x 12-inch) with parchment paper and grease with olive oil.
5. Press the granola bars into the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Cool completely before cutting into 12 bars.