to bake - vegan chewy ginger cookies
inspired by: Karlie Kloss for the Cherry Bombe Cookbook
recipe type: cookies, to dessert, to snack
cuisine: plantbased, glutenfree, dairyfree, vegan
vegan chewy ginger cookies
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1:4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1tsp ginger, ground
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/8 tspsea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- optional : 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 185°C. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup (and vanilla) and mix together with your hands until a moist ball of dough forms.
- Roll out the dough into 8 cookies. or 1 giant cookie... this will affect the crunchy sides and gooey interior of the cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.