to plant based dessert - apple tartlets + cashew creme
Create a more liquid version of that staple cashew cream and turn it into ice cream. Add in more water, coconut, almond or rice milk to thin out the creme. Add maple syrup, vanilla,... if desired
Pour into a container and place in freezer. Ice cream.. done!
PLANT BASED HACK: Create flour our of every grain you have. Blend up Oats, Buckwheat, Quinoa,..
But make sure you have a high speed blender!
Place the grains or oats into the foodprocessor and blend up until fine flour forms.
Easy as that!
PLANT BASED HACK:
Make your own nut butter by adding your favourite nut or seeds to a food processor.
Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, Pumlpkin seeds, Pecans,...
Turn on the processor - with and S-blade - and let it grind up the nuts or seeds.
This might take a while.
As the oils starts to release the nuts or seeds will turn into a paste.
Add coconut oil to help out the process.
Optionally add in sea salt, vanilla, cacao powder... to flavor it
VEGAN SUNFLOWER SEEDS APPLE TARTLET
+ ALMOND BUTTER
+ SWEET CASHEW CREAM - click here -
+ CASHEW ICE CREAM - click here -
makes 4 tartlets
recipe inspired by: Green Kitchen Stories
recipe type: to dessert
cuisine: plantbased, vegan, dairyfree
FOR THE CRUST:
- ½ cup rolled oats, preferably gluten free
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 8 fresh dates, softened in water and pitted
- 2 tbsp plant based butter, room temperature or coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
FOR THE TARTLETS:
- 4 small red apples
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or runny honey
- 1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place oats and seeds in a food processor and grind until you get a crumbly oat & sunflower flour.
- Add pitted dates, coconut oil and salt and blend for another 30 sec. until the mixture comes together to form a sticky and crumbly dough.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet and roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Use a cookie cutter mould to cut out the round tartlets. Regroup the dough, roll out and cut out another round tartlet. Repeat until there is no dough left.
- Pre-bake the crust for about 10 min.
- Meanwhile prepare the apples by dividing them in half and removing the core. Slice the apples halves into thin wedges. Squeeze some lemon over the apple wedges to prevent them from turning brown.
- Smear 1 tbsp almond butter on each tartlet round, and arrange the thin apple wedges in a circular shape on top.
- Brush the apples with maple syrup and oil and dust cinnamon on top.
- Place the tartlets in the oven and bake for another 10-15 min., or until the apples are golden on top.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve as they are or with a scoop of cashew creme and cashew ice cream.
USE CASHEW CREME WITH:
Served on a warm FRUIT CRUMBLE with sweet cashew sauce
Ad a dollop on a CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
To swirl in your BANANA ICE CREAM
Smear on a TOAST in the morning or as a snack. Add on extra fruit
Use as a dressing on a FRUIT KEBAB
To top of your BANAN SPLIT
Drizzle on a FRUIT BOWL
Smear BETWEEN COOKIES to create Oreo's
Swirled into OATMEAL
OTHER PLANTBASED DESSERT IDEAS
BANANA ICE CREAM: Blend frozen banana chuncks + plantbased milk + sweetener
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE: Blend an avocado with cacao powder + sweetener + cashew
SCROLL BELOW > >
+ Coconut Sugar
Melt the coconut sugar until caramalised. Dip in the grapefruit wedges. Let set on a baking sheet.