to raw - Raw Zucchini rolls rolls
Raw Zucchini rolls
makes ca 15 rolls
recipe by Nourish Atelier
recipe type: to raw, to snack, to lunch,
cuisine: raw, vegan, glutenfree, dairyfree, plantbased
what you need:
I medium sized zucchini, cut in slices on the lenght with a cheese slicer
1 big handful fresh basil leaves
1 red onion or 2 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp fine salt
1 big handful hemp seeds
I handful sesame seeds
1 tbsp lemon juice
150 gram fresh cherry tomatoes or tomatoes of choice, juice removed, and flesh chopped
2-3 tbsp water
2 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
(add the following if it tickles your fancy)
1 tbsp raw tahini
½ handful of mung bean or adzuki sprouts (or any good sprouts you like), washed
½ red paprika, finely chopped
soy sauce (not raw), optional
what to do:
1. Mix the filling ingredients, except the hemp seeds, quick and roughly with a blender, don't over blend then it will be more like smoothie, stop when it still has pieces visible. Add hemp seeds it will also firm up the filling mix.
2. Spread an even layer filling on top of a zucchini slice, make sure that there it's spread all the way out on the ends.
3. Carefully roll the zucchini slice into a roll, and voila, done, careully place the rolls on a serving tray or plate.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until the zucchini is finished.
5. Serve straight away, with or without soy sauce and soup.